Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Thursday, 21 April 2016

Feeling the Love

I began writing a little over a year ago.  I had no idea how I was going to get my work out there, I just knew I wanted to do it.
After stalking some of my fave authors, I got a few tips and just went from there.  I have pretty  much been winging it since then!


After realising that I needed to get reviews to even be noticed in this world, I decided that this year, I was going to push it more and do things differently.  I have had a lot of help from other authors, who didn't need to help, but chose to.  I am forever indebted to them :)
I'm still not a best selling author, but I now have a following that consists of more than just my friends and family ;) I think that is a win!


When I started writing these reviews, it was so that I could help out other authors who may be struggling to get their work noticed.  I never imagined that these people would actually become my friends.

For those of you who are just starting out, don't be afraid to reach out to other authors for advice! Join lots of groups!  Engage with your readers!  Reach out to bloggers!  You will be glad you did :) 


This year has been all kinds of crazy busy for me, but you know what?  I love it!  I love reading new books and getting to know the authors.  I love writing my own books and getting feedback from others.  And, I love writing these reviews and blog posts for you guys to read, in the hopes that you, too, may discover a new fave author!



No comments:

Post a Comment