Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Thursday, 19 May 2016

Review: Get Lucky

Get Lucky Get Lucky by Lila Monroe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Guys, this is the first Lila Monroe book I have read, and OMG!! I freakin loved it! I will definitely be reading more from this author.
I actually laughed out loud. A lot. I think this has to be one of the funniest books I've ever read. Funny, and sexy, and real.
And by real, I mean the characters are so believable. I know I am guilty of having rambling off-topic thoughts like the main character, Julia does. Don't you?

Some of my fave Julia thoughts:
"Oh fuck me with a hamster wheel and don't even ask how that's physically possible"

"This is the part where I should shout "Hell fucking yeah" and jump up, fist in the air, superhero style. Then we would all whirl around and turn into a bunch of spandex-suited ladies and run off to fight marvelous amounts of crime and eat copious amounts of cake."

"I will repeatedly roll the window up and down in this taxi while staring bleakly out at the Las Vegas Strip, like a motherfucking grown-up."


See what I mean? Hilarious!
What I also love, is how she embraces her inner nerd. All you fans of 'The Doctor', will fall in love with her. Admit it, you're a fan too!

But wait, there's more! Julia (I should mention, she's a successful romance author), also has a super crass manager, Meredith. She's sassy, and has a loud dirty mouth - even in the most inappropriate times.

Then there are the guys, Tyler - a bit of a playboy, Mike - engaged to his best friend, Stacy, and Nate Wexler. Nate is an arrogant lawyer who just rubs Julia the wrong way, right from the get-go.

A chance encounter, a few drinks... waking up the next morning, with no idea what happened the night before. This book has elements of "The Hangover" but sexier!
I guarantee you will find it hard to put this book down, if you can at all.

Blurb
What happens when you wake up in a hotel suite next to a gorgeous naked man with absolutely no memory of the past twelve hours?
I guess it's true what they say. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Or at least I hope it stays here. The Romantic Style convention was meant to be a weekend of raucous fun with friends, sun, and enough poolside margaritas to forget about my ex. But now, instead of meeting my fans and signing books, I'm stuck with cocky divorce lawyer Nate Wexler. He's arrogant, infuriating, and I can't keep my hands off of him. Judging by the state of our hotel room, last night was wild. I just wish I could remember it.

A pair of matching tattoos. A cheap wedding veil. A half empty box of glow in the dark condoms.

What the hell just happened?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment