Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Monday, 20 June 2016

Review: Fractured Lies: Book 1 MAC Security Series

Fractured Lies: Book 1 MAC Security Series Fractured Lies: Book 1 MAC Security Series by Abigail Davies
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Fractured Lies is the debut novel for Abigail Davies, and all I can say is Wow.

I'm struggling to put into words what I want to say. There are some pretty intense topics raised in this book, and the author has done a fantastic job portraying the raw emotions. It was utterly heart-wrenching to read, and I felt tears prick my eyes on several occasions.

I know I was warned of a cliffhanger, but I was still shocked all the same. It didn't go where I expected it to go, which is always a great surprise. I like books to be unpredictable.
I will definitely have to read the next installment so I can get some closure!

Blurb
LIE - NOUN
AN INTENTIONALLY FALSE STATEMENT

Some days I didn't know where the lies finished and the truth began.
It happened with one innocent lie and before I knew it I'd created a whole web of lies.
Nobody likes a liar.
But.
What if you had to lie? To protect yourself and your child?
If those lies were revealed, I would be a shell of my former self.
Fractured into a thousand tiny pieces.
I just hoped I could be put back together.


***WARNING***
This book contains scenes that readers might get upset about. This book does have a cliffhanger.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment