Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Friday, 15 July 2016

Indie Love!



Hi guys!  I have had such a blast discovering so many new authors this year, so I wanted to share with you, some of my favourites so far!


"Get Lucky" by Lila Monroe had me in absolute stitches!  I freakin loved this book so hard!  It's set in Vegas, and has a hangover vibe to it, but even better.  I highly recommend this book to everyone :)

What happens when you wake up in a hotel suite next to a gorgeous naked man with absolutely no memory of the past twelve hours? 

I guess it's true what they say. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. 

Or at least I hope it stays here. The Romantic Style convention was meant to be a weekend of raucous fun with friends, sun, and enough poolside margaritas to forget about my ex. But now, instead of meeting my fans and signing books, I'm stuck with cocky divorce lawyer Nate Wexler. He's arrogant, infuriating, and I can't keep my hands off of him. Judging by the state of our hotel room, last night was wild. I just wish I could remember it. 

A pair of matching tattoos. A cheap wedding veil. A half empty box of glow in the dark condoms. 

What the hell just happened?


https://www.amazon.com/Get-Lucky-Stand-Romantic-Comedy-ebook/dp/B01G620GJA/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1468553905&sr=1-1&keywords=get+lucky+lila+


The Acquisition series by Celia Aaron, is one of my absolute faves of all time.  It's dark and sexy and I love it!  You are taken on a rollercoaster of emotions with this series, and find yourself on the edge of your seat a lot!  There are characters that you will fall in love with, and ones you will despise.  They are must reads!
Counsellor
Magnate
Sovereign
and the novella Sinclair (giving a little insight into Sinclair Vinemont)

In the heart of Louisiana, the most powerful people in the South live behind elegant gates, mossy trees, and pleasant masks. Once every ten years, the pretense falls away and a tournament is held to determine who will rule them. The Acquisition is a crucible for the Southern nobility, a love letter written to a time when barbarism was enshrined as law.
Now, Sinclair Vinemont is in the running to claim the prize. There is only one way to win, and he has the key to do it -- Stella Rousseau, his Acquisition. To save her father, Stella has agreed to become Sinclair's slave for one year. Though she is at the mercy of the cold, treacherous Vinemont, Stella will not go willingly into darkness.
As Sinclair and Stella battle against each other and the clock, only one thing is certain: The Acquisition always ends in blood.

https://www.amazon.com/Counsellor-Acquisition-Book-Celia-
Aaron-ebook/dp/B015Y70F94/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1468554855&sr=1-4&keywords=Celia+Aaron





 Lucius Vinemont has spirited me away to a world of sugar cane and sun. There is nothing he cannot give me on his lavish Cuban plantation. Each gift seduces me, each touch seals my fate. There is no more talk of depraved competitions or his older brother - the one who'd stolen me, claimed me, and made me feel things I never should have. Even as Lucius works to make me forget Sinclair, my thoughts stray back to him, to the dark blue eyes that haunt my sweetest dreams and bitterest nightmares. Just like every dream, this one must end. Christmas will soon be here, and with it, the second trial of the Acquisition.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ATQJ6UY/ref=series_rw_dp_sw


The Acquisition has ruled my life, ruled my every waking moment since Sinclair Vinemont first showed up at my house offering an infernal bargain to save my father’s life. Now I know the stakes. The charade is at an end, and Sinclair has far more to lose than I ever did. But this knowledge hasn’t strengthened me. Instead, each revelation breaks me down until nothing is left but my fight and my rage. As I struggle to survive, only one question remains. How far will I go to save those I love and burn the Acquisition to the ground?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DUR879A/ref=series_rw_dp_sw


Sinclair Vinemont, an impeccable parish prosecutor, conducts his duties the same way he conducts his life--every move calculated, every outcome assured. When he sees something he wants, he takes it. When he finds a hint of weakness, he capitalizes. But what happens when he sees Stella Rousseau for the very first time? 

Sinclair is a prologue to The Acquisition Series and is told entirely from Sinclair Vinemont's point of view. It can be read in one sitting.




https://www.amazon.com/Sinclair-Acquisition-Celia-Aaron-ebook/dp/B01G67TJ16/ref=pd_sim_351_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=51AFyjn5pVL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_OU01_AC_UL320_SR214%2C320_&psc=1&refRID=K8MTQNP5BCTC4EAPZV9T


"Twisted Truths & Leveled Lies" by S.K. Lessner is a fantastic suspenseful romance.  I was unprepared for the twist in this story!  I honestly had my mouth gaping open as I came to the realisation of what was happening, it was so good!


My life was a fairytale. 
He was my everything. 
All my dreams had come true. 

But what do you do when you find out 
that he isn't who you thought he was... 
that lives might be lost... 
and every truth you believed in, 
is twisted and leveled into a lie? 

Completely satisfied with her single life, Mel is blindsided when she meets an extremely sexy, accomplished, and irresistible doctor. But unbeknownst to her, there are those who've waited and planned for this moment. When all the truths twist and reveal the lies, it's up to her to save the lives of those she cares most about. Alone again, she's forced to seek help elsewhere. Frantically trying to eliminate the threat, she finds that help in the least likely of places: a tall, tattooed, and pierced stranger. 

https://www.amazon.com/Twisted-Truths-Leveled-Lies-Lessner-ebook/dp/B01BKBZJ12/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1468555598&sr=1-1&keywords=twisted+truths+%26+leveled+lies


"The Panty Whisperer" by Sloane Howell is both hilarious and sexy.  I absolutely love all the Star Wars references and witty banter between the main character, Joel and his best friend.  Those two had me giggling so hard out.  And the sex scenes?  STEAMY!


I love women. I’m not ashamed to admit that making a beautiful woman come is my main goal in life—one that I accomplish night after night. Women are as drawn to me as I am to them. I don’t get turned down. It’s not a brag, just a fact. At least it was a fact. Until I met Quinn—the one woman who didn’t fall for my easy charm. Now, I have to have her. She may not want to get close, may not want to admit that I turn her on and can give her a night that she’ll never forget, but she was mine the first moment I saw her. Eventually, I’ll have her beneath me, my hands in her hair, and my name on her lips. It’s what I do. I’m the Panty Whisperer.




https://www.amazon.com/Panty-Whisperer-Complete-Sloane-Howell-ebook/dp/B01FUTRAB2/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1468555843&sr=1-1&keywords=panty+whisperer


"For3ver" by HQ Frost and M Dauphin was the book that started my love affair with these two authors!  I am seriously hooked.  This book was the first one this year to make me shed a tear.  It has all the feels.  I love this book so much, and urge you to read it.  You will fall in love.

When it came to her lifelong friendship to the Porter boys, Ryley Reynolds knew one thing to be true: The 3 of them would be friends forever. Friends 'till the end. 

When life got in the way of their plans, one decision changed the course of all of their lives. 

Five years later, friends are brought back together, secrets are unveiled, and love is found again. Has too much damage been done to erase the past? 





https://www.amazon.com/FOR3VER-M-Dauphin-H-Q-Frost-ebook/dp/B00TC1JYA0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1468556195&sr=1-1&keywords=for3ver


There you go!  These are just some of my faves so far, and I can't wait to share another list with you in another few months :)  I hope you find a new favourite among this list too!

No comments:

Post a Comment