Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Tuesday, 19 July 2016

Review: Blood to Dust

Blood to Dust Blood to Dust by L.J. Shen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had heard hype over this author and so had to see for myself what everyone was talking about. I have to agree with the masses, L.J Shen is an amazingly talented author.

The depth and complexity of the characters... the raw emotion...
This book is anger and anguish personified It's angsty and dirty, but that's what makes it more believable. The characters are not perfect. They have been through a shit storm throughout their lives, and as many in their circumstances would want to do, they seek revenge on those who ruined their lives.

I'm not gonna lie, it's dark, but it's oh so good! I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I look forward to reading more from this author!

Blurb
His name is Beat, and I should hate him.

Bound, blindfolded and bruised, I'm tied in his basement, waiting for the men who stripped me from clothes and humanity to collect his debt to them. Me.

His name is Nate and I should hate him, but I don't.

I'm not supposed to know his real name, even worse, I'm not supposed to care. He is nothing to me but means to an end. The plan is simple: break free, collect the pieces of my broken soul, kill the bastards and run away.

His name is Nathaniel Thomas Vela, and I've never seen his face, though I hear that it's beautiful.

Behind the rugged and handsome exterior, there's a quiet murderer, a killer who thinks guns are for pussies and ends people with his bare hands.

His name doesn't matter, neither does his face, but what does matter is my heart. And right now, sadly, it's his.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment