Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Sunday, 24 July 2016

Review: Confessions

Confessions Confessions by L.M. Mountford
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to say about this book for the last few days. The first 30% of the book was good and had the potential to make a great story, but then it shifted and became a never-ending sex scene.
Now I'm no prude, I love a good erotic novel, but when the sex continues for the rest of the book it gets a tad boring and repetitive, to say the least.

The relationship between Mina and her step-brother, Mark, was a forbidden one, and I think had the author focused more on that than the sex, it could have been quite good.

I found this story far from believable. I understand that Stockholm syndrome can have victims fall for their captors but this was far from that. Being forced into a gang-bang would in no way become a turn on, but this is what happened. I'm relatively open minded when it comes to the books that I read, but I really struggled with this one.

Blurb
What is the measure of love? How far would you go to save the one you want but know you can never truly have?

Mina Carring is a woman that has given up on love. A rising star in the bright lights of Hollywood, men come and go from her life, passing like ships in the night, yet there is only one for her, the one she’d let slip away. However, when Mark, her stepbrother, is filmed in a compromising position that could lead to a scandal which would ruin his life, Mina must step in. Now, powerless to escape this dark path of lust and desire, torn between the dark delights of a handsome rogue and the one person who has always been there for her, she must confront the truth she has long tried to bury...

A full length, 40,000+ word novel, Confessions is the stand-alone erotic drama from the Author of the sinfully delicious, Sweet Temptations Trilogy. It contains adult themes, harsh language, and graphic content.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment