Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Sunday, 4 September 2016

Review: Bang: Challenge Accepted

Bang: Challenge Accepted Bang: Challenge Accepted by M. Dauphin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I first stumbled across M Dauphin and HQ Frost in their novel For3ver where we met Liam, Gage and Ryley. Bang Challenge Accepted follows the story of their friends, Jenny Bang and Jack Reed.

First of all, this book actually had me laughing out loud at some of the antics and conversations between all of the characters. Make sure you pay close attention to the chapter titles, those alone had me in stitches!

Not only was this book hilarious, it was also heart-warming. Witnessing the change in both Jenny and Jack as they develop their relationship and come to realise how much they mean to each other, just warms your heart. Also the love they share for their 'baby', Firefly, is adorable.

Both Jenny and Jack have horrendous relationships with their families, and the interactions are quite cringe-worthy. Definitely makes me appreciate my family a whole heap more!

I will warn, there was also an extremely emotional part in this book, and I'll admit, I actually cried. Like, I actually sobbed. There have only been a handful of books that have made me cry while reading them, and two of those are written by these awesome authors.

All in all, this book had everything I look for in a book. It was hot and steamy, hilarious and emotional all at the same time. I LOVE this book!

Blurb
Sexy comedy. Did we say sexy?
Long distance relationships suck.
When you're Jenny and Jack, though, it's easy to keep it interesting.
After a one night stand months ago, Jenny literally runs into Jack in Ryley’s hallway. When things heat up and fate steps in (in the form of a tiny, helpless puppy), will she have what it takes to agree to an LDR. Will he even trust that the wild child is capable of it?
This hilarious romp through the lives of Bang and Lumber Jack will leave you questioning everything you ever knew about LDRs. Sexy, sweet, funny, with a little bit of 'oh no they didn't', Frost and Dauphin have teamed up for another read of EPIC proportions.
*******************18 + DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE BOOK. LANGUAGE, SEX.... SEX...*****************

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment