Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Tuesday, 13 September 2016

Review: Corrupted Hearts

Corrupted Hearts Corrupted Hearts by Julian Napier
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Great debut novel for this author, and I look forward to reading the next installment to see where this all goes.

The first chapter set the story up to be quite thrilling and it drew me in easily. I did find that it slowed down after that, but my interest was still held by the intermittent sections of the past. I would have liked a little more of a twist though, but it takes a lot to surprise me now!

I can see this author being very good at the darker side of stories, which I love. I hope to see more of this in future novels.

All in all, a good read and I give it 3.5 stars.

Blurb
Louise Tucker has lost everything.

The people she considered family are now all gone.

Life seems to have lost its meaning.

Doing what she believes is right means reaching out to the past and accepting that while she has nobody she needs to open herself up to new opportunities.

Luke Kern has everything now.

Despite a troubled upbringing he was straightened out by his foster mother who helped him see the value of life.

He thought he was able to escape everything but memories come flooding back when he realises that everything he knew can vanish in an instant because of one person.

Nobody can escape their past but are they willing to let it go for the sake of the future?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment