Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Friday, 9 September 2016

Review: The Rhythm of Your Heartbeat

The Rhythm of Your Heartbeat The Rhythm of Your Heartbeat by Elle Ellerton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A tale of heartache, lust, intrigue and betrayal. Rhythm of Your Heartbeat tells the story of Annaleigh and her quest to find the person who killed her brother. Everyone in town believes it to be his best friend, Blake. The guy she has had a crush on for as long as she can remember. The three of them had been inseparable until that fateful night. The night that would change their lives forever.
Without enough evidence to convict Blake, he is back roaming the school halls. A constant reminder for Anna.
Deep down, though, Anna doesn't really believe that he could have been the one to end her brothers life. She begins to question things and starts digging for the truth. What she finds is not at all what she expected.

This was a great read with real emotion and characters that you can't help but fall for. I loved getting to know Anna and Blake and seeing their relationship change from friends to enemies and back again.
I also loved how the author gave us a little sneak peek into the past so we could see where it all began.
Rhythm of Your Heartbeat is a story of love and pain and everything in between.

Blurb
I didn't mean to fall in love with him; it wasn't planned – quite the opposite.
I planned to hate him forever.

Isn't that how you're supposed to feel about the person who killed your big brother?

I couldn't stand the sight of him… Right up until I couldn't stand not seeing him.

I don't know the exact moment it happened; the moment when I betrayed my dead brother for his murderer.

That's just it, though: I never truly believed he was a murderer, did I?

No, I didn't, and I'm going to tell you why.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment