Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Sunday, 23 October 2016

Review: Crave

Crave Crave by B.J. Harvey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first of BJ Harvey's books that I have read, and I have to say, I'd be very keen to read more of her work. The writing was brilliant, and the characters were fantastic. I especially loved the female lead - Lucia Harding. She was confident and witty, strong and determined. Her quick wit and sass had me wanting to read more.

Crave is about an architect who has risen to the top of his field and become somewhat of a star. The media follows his every step, pouncing on any bit of information they can gather on him.
Cal likes to keep his private life just that, private. He never lets anyone get too close. That is, until he meets Lucia. She isn't like all the other money-hungry women, trying to climb the ladder in any way possible.
When things start taking a turn for the worse, Cal's urges become harder to deny.

I think the story-line for this was brilliant, however, I do feel as though his craving could have been something a little darker - but perhaps that's just because I have become a little desensitised in this day and age.
I loved the drama and felt compelled to keep reading to see where the author was going to take us. I especially loved the ending - it was perfect!

All in all, very happy with this book and I look forward to reading more from this author.

Blurb
I have a craving.

A dark urge I’ve failed to resist despite years of trying to do that very thing.

I’ve forced myself to hide behind a mask, a perfect orchestration to hide my true self.

After I met her, my wants and needs, my inner most desires changed.

She encouraged me to embrace who I truly am, and she was willing to do anything and everything I wanted, giving herself to satisfy my most carnal appetite.

Then everything in my carefully managed world came crashing down around me. A moment in time, a loss of control, and the very thing I cherish was nearly taken from me.

My fate now lies in her hands.

The very life I’ve built for myself…everything I’ve ever done now waits in purgatory, all caused by a lack of focus at a time when my most concentrated attention was needed.

The very thing I crave may now be the end of me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment