Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Tuesday, 18 October 2016

Stayc's Fave Five with RL Weeks!


Our next author for Foster and Author Week is the lovely
RL Weeks!

Let's get into it!

Of all the characters you have written, who is your favourite, and why?

Red from my Haunting Fairytales Series. She has a tragic past. She’s so different to any of my other characters and really sees things from a totally different perspective. She’s not afraid to be herself, but she hides a dark secret inside of herself (literally).

Who are some of your favourite authors?

I love Richelle Mead for her unique writing style. Her books are easy to follow, and although I had doubts when I saw the title and cover, it surpassed all expectations and Vampire Academy was an engaging series. Philippa Gregory brings history to life and I am a self-proclaimed History buff so eat her books up. Obviously J.K. Rowling and Stephen King, because, well there are not enough words to describe how much I love their writing!

What is your favourite thing to do when you aren’t writing?


I used to love horse-riding and would love to start that up again. Asides from that, I enjoy designing things on my laptop, having through provoking conversations with my family and friends, reading amazing books, and researching abandoned creepy places and conspiracy theories.

What is your favourite inspirational quote?

‘Minds are like parachutes. They don’t work if they’re closed.’

Do you have a favourite thing to eat or drink while writing?


Tea, milky with two sugars. I don’t really eat much while writing. I am so focused on what I’m doing.

About RL Weeks

R. l. Weeks is a fantasy and horror author who lives in Bradworthy, a
charming village in North Devon, UK.
Her love of her fairytales, fantasy, and horror, pushed her to write her
own stories. Always described as 'being off with the fairies' she put it to
good use and incorporates her love of history into her tales, too.

She wants to write novels to inspire and help young people in the same way
that fantasy books helped her. Horror is a genre that she wants to bring
people back too.
*'It's such a deep genre. It's so much more than just scaring people, it gives them a sense of empowerment. I'm obsessed with the reality of the human condition and the darker shades of humanity. I try to tell my stories from a different viewpoint.'*


She loves writing fairytales as she wants to show people what happens after
the happily ever afters and puts a realistic spin on our favourite
childhood classics.



No comments:

Post a Comment