Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Saturday, 19 November 2016

Review: A Faery's Kiss

A Faery's Kiss A Faery's Kiss by Ariel Marie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the first of Ariel Marie's books that I have read, and I can honestly say that I will be reading more from her. I had heard word of this author, so my interest was already piqued, but it was the cover that drew me in.
What I loved about this, was how well the Faery world was described. This isn't a genre that I read a lot of, but I felt that I was able to connect with the characters and see what they saw.
Even though she was only a small part of the story, the Queen was actually one of my favourite characters. While her husband was wanting to find a strong warrior to wed his daughter, she was more interested in who her daughter actually had her eye on, and who would make her happy. I found her to be a breath of fresh air through the tense moments.
What I also liked, was the strong sense of honour and loyalty throughout. Even Noelle, knowing that she would have to wed whoever won the tournament, regardless of how she felt about them, still stood firm that she would do what was deemed best for the Faery.

I really enjoyed this book, and look forward to reading more from this author.

Blurb
The twenty-fifth day of December is fast approaching. It is a day that is celebrated throughout all of Faery. It signifies the birthday of the beloved Princess, Noelle Bogosian, who on this year will turn thirty years old. With her impending birthday, her father, the king, has deemed it time for her to marry. The king has reinstated the Royal Tournaments, a series of competitions that would allow warriors near and far to compete for his daughter’s hand in marriage.

Noelle, being the loyal daughter that she is, has agreed to her father’s outlandish idea of finding her a husband. She will do anything for Faery and knows that finding a suitable husband will help secure Faery’s future. But for Noelle, she’s ready to test out the legend of a Faery’s kiss. She’s been ready to find that one special Fae to spend all of eternity with. Will the legend prove true and reveal her one true love or will the victor of the tournament be the one that she will spend an eternity with?

WARNING: The book contains content for readers 18 years and older.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment