Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Friday, 4 November 2016

Review: Lucky Chase

Lucky Chase Lucky Chase by Milly Taiden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have heard a lot of good things about Milly Taiden's books, so I was very eager to jump on the bandwagon and join in! Lucky Chase is a light read, filled with lots of steamy sexiness. I really enjoyed the way the characters interacted with each other, and I don't just mean the sex!

I love that there was a bit of background to the characters, giving them more depth and showing us why they behave as they do. And even though he wasn't a main character, I have to give mention to Jazz! He was so much fun! I fell in love with him straight away.

The only thing I felt it needed - and this is purely because I do like a bit of drama - was a little bit more of a twist. I thought perhaps certain parts in the story could have been elaborated on more; drawn out to give a little bit more excitement.

Other than that though, a thoroughly enjoyable read :)

Blurb
Event planner for the rich and famous, Lucky Nuñez lives her dream job. But when it comes to love, she’s scraping the bottom of the barrel. She’s dying to have babies, but it seems that’s never going to happen. A chance encounter leads her into the arms of Jared Thomas. He’s a bad boy to the bone. Sexy, seductive, and so domineering, he makes her toes curl. And he’s got dirty talk down to an art form.

Jared Thomas is a ladies’ man, but when he meets sexy Lucky, he knows she’s worthy of more than just play time. Never has he wanted to keep a woman like he does her. He will make her his wife and mother of his children. There’s only one problem: his past is trying to kill his future.

They have more than communication problems playing havoc with their relationship. With trust issues the size of Texas, these two need to open up to each other. That’s if they can stay alive long enough to try.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment