Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Review: Venerable

Venerable Venerable by Laura B. Martínez
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had the privilege of reading this in advance, and all I can say is, Wow! I find it so hard to believe that this is the first novel this author has written!

The characters, the story, the twists and turns... this book is brilliant. I was hooked from the very first line until the last. This author keeps you guessing the whole time. It was dark and twisted, and yet you still felt drawn to the characters, wanting them to find their happiness. There was just the right amount of suspense, keeping me intrigued to read on.
I love how the author kept giving us little glimpses into the past. Just enough to keep you interested, not enough to give it all away. Exactly the kind of story I enjoy!

I can't really say too much without giving things away, but I definitely recommend this book if you like your books on the darker side. This is certainly an author to watch!

Blurb
Innocent. Confused. Curious.
She was a girl in the wrong place at the wrong time.
He saved her.
He took her from the hands of an animal just to throw her to the Monsters.
For the first time in his whole life, he wished he wasn't the worst of them all
Will the darkness extinguish Sebastian's only light?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment