Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Tuesday, 27 December 2016

Review: Like A Queen

Like A Queen Like A Queen by Constance Hall
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I first stumbled across Constance when one of her blog posts about parent sex was being shared everywhere. Like many others, I had a bit of a giggle and started following her. My sister bought me this book for my birthday, and it's taken me a while to get to it because I'd been so busy trying to be the best Queen I could be, and running myself ragged at the same time. My friends told me I needed to READ THE BOOK!
The other day, I asked my children multiple times to please put their toys away. I'd dealt with arguments and had enough. I grabbed the book, shut the door and sat on my bed to read, leaving hubby to deal with the children. I sat there with tears streaming down my face as I remembered the loneliness I felt after having my first child fourteen years ago. I was a single mum. I was shit scared and had no idea what I was doing. The father was still around, but not really there. Not like I'd always pictured it. I remember feeling so overwhelmed in the hospital, all by myself. I don't know how she did it, but Constance wrote my feelings. For the first time, I didn't feel like it was wrong for me to have felt that way.
I love the raw, honest truth that she so willingly shared with us. I love the way she encourages us to build each other up and not tear each other down. I love that she's not afraid to let it all hang out, and encourages us to do the same. We are all Queens! We are all beautiful, inside and out.
Constance, you are a breath of fresh air. You are what we need more of in this world. Thank you for making me feel that I'm perfect as I am.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment