Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Thursday, 15 December 2016

Review: Living with Regrets

Living with Regrets Living with Regrets by Aimee Noalane
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What an emotional roller coaster ride! Oliver and Abbygails tale is a tormented one. These two were best friends until Oliver up and left six years ago, telling her to forget about him. When he shows up in her mother's house, all of her pent up anger and hurt is brought to the surface and there are some intense fireworks between these two.

I can't even go into too much detail without spoiling things, but this book was fantastic. Definitely pulls at the old heart strings. Don't get me wrong, there are some light-hearted moments in there too, it's not all emotion, but it does get pretty rocky. To the point where you just want to slap them and make them talk to each other.

Once again, I am left hanging *giving Aimee the side eye* I kinda need to know what's going to happen next *tapping foot impatiently* I need my closure!

Blurb
We swore that we would never give up. We promised each other we would never let go.
And one letter is all it took to tear us apart.

Six years of what seems like a lifetime of mistakes.
Losing control became my escape.

Six years of hiding my tears behind the lies.
Oblivion became the solution.

Six years of burying the constant hate.
Darkness became my solace.

Mistakes. Lies. Hate.
...The emptiness never left.

His death caused us to drift. Her dying wish will lead me back home.

One look
...is all it takes for me to breathe freely again. Hate becomes pain.

One smile
...is all it takes to remember who we are. Pain becomes friendship.

One kiss
... is all it took to want it all back. Friendship becomes love.


I never stopped loving my best friend and I must live with the regret of every second we have spent apart

One look. One smile. One kiss.
...but is love enough to heal a shattered heart?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment