Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Review: The Psychology of Dreams 101

The Psychology of Dreams 101 The Psychology of Dreams 101 by K D Grace
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Where do I start? After overhearing a group of women discussing their dream journals and the man behind the Adult Education class, The Psychology of Dreams 101, Leah finds herself eager to join in. Like most of us, she has trouble remembering her dreams to start with, but with Al's help, she begins to free her mind and recall every vivid detail.
When her dreams turn to lust-filled fantasies of her teacher, she tries to hide it from him, but he knows better. Together, they explore these dreams and find that things are not always as they seem.

For me, I felt like there were a lot of random sex scenes. I understand that it's about dreams and they can be completely unpredictable, but it seemed overly sex driven. Don't get me wrong, I love a good sex scene, this just felt like a little too much. Perhaps I don't dream the same as others!

I did, however, like the twist. I kept thinking I knew what was happening, and then a little twist was thrown in, and then another, and another. I do like a story that keeps you guessing.


Blurb
What if there was punishment when you didn’t dream the right dreams? That’s the dilemma Leah Kent, and her professor, Al Foster must face—dream right, or take the punishment. The Psychology of Dreams 101 is a wander into the sexy and dark unconscious as Leah takes a Psychology of Dreams adult education class, only to discover that the required dream journal leads to some seriously kinky night journeys. But not all dreams are pleasant ones, and some have far-reaching repercussions in the waking world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment