Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Tuesday, 31 January 2017

Review: Rookie Moves - A Checkmate Inc. Novel

Rookie Moves - A Checkmate Inc. Novel Rookie Moves - A Checkmate Inc. Novel by Shelly Alexander
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy mother of hotness! This book! This is only the second book of Shelly Alexander's that I have read but she is fast becoming one of my absolute favourites! This book was smokin' hot!

I absolutely loved the characters in this book. Dex is this suave, charming, sexy-as-hell ladies man. Along with his two friends, Leo and Oz, he runs his own business, Checkmate Inc, one of the hottest companies around.
Leo's sister, Ava (Rookie) is a strong-willed, fiery, confident woman who has been in his sights for two years now, but because of his friendship with Leo, Dex refuses to make a move on his friend's kid sister. Leo is uber protective of her, and makes it hard for any man to step up to the plate.
When Ava has a school reunion to attend, she asks Dex to go as her partner, seeing as Leo won't let anyone else near her. There's just one catch - they will have to pretend to be a couple the entire weekend.

I absolutely loved this book! I highly recommend it to anyone who likes a bit of geek-turned-hotty, and definitely for those who like a bit of steamy sex.


Blurb
"'Rookie? She'll be an expert when I'm done teaching her." --Dex Moore

Smart guys make the best lovers. We’re curious and want to learn as much as possible, especially when it comes to women. Women are the most fascinating and complicated species on the planet, right? So when we meet a lady who piques our interest, it drives our curiosity to soaring heights. We want to study her. Figure her out.

Lucky SOB that I am, I’ve built a career on this very thing. As a founding partner of Checkmate Inc., a company that’s grown into a multimillion-dollar business, I’m a quasi-celebrity. It’s a role I never expected, and out of all three Checkmate partners I’ve somehow been labeled the jet-setting playboy.

I don’t mind the smokescreen. I can’t commit to a serious relationship while I trot around the globe to oversee our expansion, a venture that could bankrupt Checkmate if I don’t keep my eye on the prize. Besides, the only woman I’d like to study, figure out, and unlock her ear-splitting cry of ecstasy is the one woman I can’t have. And since she’s one of my closest friends and my business partner’s sister, a jet-setting playboy image is the perfect facade to hide my true feelings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment