Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Saturday, 11 February 2017

Review: Dark Protector

Dark Protector Dark Protector by Celia Aaron
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Celia has done it again! She's gone and written another book with a super hot, alpha bad boy. Why does it always feel so wrong to fall in love with her characters?!

Conrad Mercer is the ultimate bad boy. Right from the very first chapter, we see what he is capable of. His every action is calculated. He is skilled, and ruthless, and won't hesitate to extinguish anyone in his way.
But, there's something about Charlie that has him enthralled. She gives him an inner peace when all else in his life is dark. The only thing is, she doesn't know he exists.
Until... you'll have to read it and find out :)

Now, you can't have an alpha bad boy, without a kickass sidekick. That role belongs to Nate. He is also one of those characters you can't help but fall in love with. He's like the comic relief. I absolutely love his humour and the way he breaks up the tension.

And of course, there have to be some assholes. You know, the ones that you want to throttle? The ones that make you want to throw your kindle across the room? Yeah, Berty is one of those guys. Ooh he's nasty, in all senses of the word. He's like a bad taste in your mouth. Vince is just as bad, if not, worse. They just make my skin crawl.

I honestly don't know where Celia keeps getting all her inspiration from, but I hope it never runs dry. This woman writes some of the best stories around. If you haven't read any then I suggest you go and buy ALL her books. Seriously. This woman is an evil genius.

Blurb
From the moment I saw her through the window of her flower shop, something other than darkness took root inside me. Charlie shone like a beacon in a world that had long since lost any light. But she was never meant for me, a man that killed without remorse and collected bounties drenched in blood.
I thought staying away would keep her safe, would shield her from me. I was wrong. Danger followed in my wake like death at a slaughter house. I protected her from the threats that circled like black buzzards, kept her safe with kill after kill.
But everything comes with a price, especially second chances for a man like me.
Killing for her was easy. It was living for her that turned out to be the hard part.

Author's Note: This is a full-length romance novel. Explicit violence and hot sex included. HEA, no cheating.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment