Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Monday, 6 March 2017

Review: Beautiful Burn

Beautiful Burn Beautiful Burn by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love the Maddox brothers something fierce! Tyler is the last Maddox brother's story to be told, and it's every bit as good as the rest. As the others before him, when he loves, he loves hard.

"If you're the fire, Ellie... I'll burn."

Yes, Ellie is just as stubborn as Pidge, Liis, Cami and Falyn. Yes, she has baggage, and is a little shall we say, self-centred? Yes, she behaves badly, BUT when push comes to shove, she tries. She tries so hard to get by and better herself. I was more angry at those 'friends' who enabled her drinking.
I loved watching her find her place in the world. Finally finding something she had a natural talent for and sticking with it. I loved watching her grow.

Tyler had a tough job with this one, but like every Maddox, he never gives up. He perseveres until she can't resist him anymore. They have a sort of push-pull relationship, hot and cold if you will. These two had some major ups and downs, the biggest of all, being Ellie's drinking.

And then we have the part at the end - the part I knew was coming from reading Taylor's story, so I knew how it ended, but still I found myself welling up. Jamie has a way of pulling you in and getting you emotionally involved with each and every one of these characters.

I loved every minute of this book, this series, and I'm sad that it is coming to an end. I'm not ready for it, but I hold Beautiful Funeral in my hands with bittersweet thoughts running through my mind...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment