Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Saturday, 11 March 2017

Review: A Beautiful Funeral

A Beautiful Funeral A Beautiful Funeral by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I finished this book last night, with tears streaming down my face. It was so sad, and so beautiful. I don't even know how to put into words how much this book made me FEEL. I can't even right now.

Written from each characters perspectives, this book gave us an insight into each of their lives several years after we last left them. Marriages, separations, children, all thrown into the mix. It was really nice to see how the characters had grown and their relationships had developed over the years.

I will admit, the first few chapters had my heart in my throat as I tried to work out what was going to happen and whose funeral we would be going to. I'm not gonna lie, I cried quite a few times. It wasn't pretty, there were ugly tears and everything.

I feel like Jamie has truly given this series the perfect ending, albeit a sad one. I wasn't ready for it, but I guess we're never really ready for the end, are we?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment