Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Friday, 31 March 2017

Review: Head-Tripped

Head-Tripped Head-Tripped by Nicole Archer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the first book of Nicole Archer's that I have read, and I can honestly say it won't be the last! Head-Tripped is definitely one of my fave reads of the year so far. It was hilarious, sweet, sexy and emotional. I absolutely loved it.

Effie is a recovering drug addict who also happens to be a musical genius and crazy good violinist. She can play any instrument she touches, and has the ability to hear sounds on a different level to others. She has this hippiesque way of looking at life, and even though she struggles to fight off her demons, she really seems to have changed her ways.
Elias is a rock star - but don't dare call him that. Urban is the hottest band out, and they're about to embark on a new tour playing the same old songs. Elias is in a rut. As the lead singer, he is under pressure to write something new to bring them back to life, but it's a struggle. The pressure is weighing him down and all he wants is to have a day to himself.
When these two meet, the chemistry is electric. You can feel it in the air. Effie comes up with some fantastic one-liners and I absolutely fell in love with her. They both have their demons to deal with, but somehow, when they're together, everything feels right in the world.

I cannot say enough how much I love this book. The lead characters are gorgeous people with kind hearts, and the band members are a riot. I love that we get to see so many different layers to them all.
Head-Tripped is a well-written story that will have you laughing out loud, and at times, wanting to scream at the characters - there always has to be one.
You need to read this. You won't regret it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment