Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Wednesday, 1 March 2017

Review: Mine

Mine Mine by L.R. Black
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First off, let me just say, I love this cover. It's what drew me to read this book, that and the multitude of raving reviews. I'll admit, I had high expectations.

Mine is about a 19 year old virgin, Jess. Using fake ID's, she and her friend manage to get into a club to celebrate her birthday. A close encounter with an older man, Callum, has her hot under the collar and wanting more.

There is a lot of potential with this author, and I can't wait to see how she grows on this journey.
For me, I found this quite unbelievable - the father's reaction, the sex for a first timer. The content didn't flow, it was a little jumpy, which made it hard to connect with the characters. That being said, the steamy scenes were still enticing. A little more description throughout the book would have given more depth and made it more compelling to read.

All in all, not a bad wee read. I'll be keeping my eye on L.R. Black.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment