Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Monday, 24 April 2017

Blogger Review with Donna from The Bashful Bookwhore


First of all, I need to say a massive thank you to Donna for being my first blogger to interview!  Please show her some love, by giving her page a like :)


Which blog do you review for?  Provide links.

I run the blog The Bashful Bookwhore.

What do you love about reviewing books?

I enjoy the simple act of sharing the books that I love with people. I'm not a naturally gifted reviewer so it's something that I have to work hard on. I'm usually pretty self conscious about the final product but I tell myself that ultimately the most important thing is that I have helped spread the word about a book that I am passionate about. My hope is that one day I'll write something an author will love and share. One day!

Who have been some of your favourite new-to-you authors?

I have discovered so many amazing authors over this last year. Logan Chance, Joz Maxel, J.L. Long, Abby Gale, Cara Chance, Sienna Grant, Harper Phoenix, S.J. Batsford, Stacey Broadbent, Nikki Belaire, Tia Lewis, Penelope Marshall, Brittany Crowley, LP Maxa... the list is endless! The indie community is thriving at the moment, there is a massive amount of talent out there. I was also lucky to beta read for a couple of authors which was a huge honour.

If you could say anything to authors, what would it be?

Thank you. Thank you so much for sharing your stories with us. For making us remember the intensity of love, for making us laugh, for transporting us to other worlds where we can live out other lives. Thank you for making yourselves available to us and allowing us to get to know the people behind the story.

On average, how many books would you read in a year?

Well ironically before I started blogging and being involved in the indie world I probably read about 150. These days I'm so busy the number is closer to 50-75 a year.

What, if anything, puts you off reading a book?

I'm not a fan of cheating in books, for me it's just not enjoyable. My final decision on reading a book, or not, always comes down to the blurb. If it doesn't appeal to me I won't read it.

What is your favourite genre to read?

Erotic romance and rom com.

What have been your top reads for the year so far?

Study Me by Logan Chance completely blew me away. It took a turn that I could not have anticipated and was written with such a sensitive intensity. That book stuck with me for a long time, I have already re-read it quite a few times and it still breaks me every single time.


Other than reading, what are your other hobbies?

Oh wow I don't have alot of free time to dedicate to hobbies. Any spare time I do have I like to spend with friends, going out to meals, movies, seeing live music etc.

What would be your dream job?

This is something I have spent a lot of time thinking about and I'm still trying to figure it out! I would love to be more involved with the book world somehow, however I'm not sure in what capacity.


Thank you so much, Donna, for taking the time to answer my questions! It's always nice to learn a bit more about the people behind the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment