Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Tuesday, 18 April 2017

Review: Taunt

Taunt Taunt by Eve Dangerfield
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow! I very rarely read blurbs, preferring to form my own ideas throughout, and all I can say is Wow! This book was so much more than I expected it to be.

Daniel is our heroine (yes, that's right, HER name is spelled like that), and she is from Auckland, New Zealand - though I have to say, as a kiwi myself, she sounded a little more Australian ;) but I can look past that. Anyway, she is this crazy, hippie, hacktivist who doesn't feel pain the way others do.
When she is captured and taken prisoner while Middlebend tries to get information out of her, she finds herself in an interesting predicament. The three men assigned to keeping a close eye on her are all appealing in their own ways. With nothing but time on her hands, Daniel finds her mind drifting to the men and all the things she wants them to do to her.

John, Seb and Colt are ex-military men who have built up their own security firm. When they are paid big money to babysit Daniel Schwarz, they jump at the idea. But they weren't expecting Daniel to be a woman, and a hot one at that. She has no shame, and parades her body in front of the cameras for them to see. She hacks into the intercom, forcing them to interact with her. They take turns watching her, and even when they know they shouldn't, they find themselves feeling more for her than they should.

I found myself so immersed in the story that I often forgot that she was a prisoner, and that she had discovered something so devastating, but the further you get into it, the little bit more you find out.

This book has everything from humour to intrigue, hot-as-hell characters and even hotter sex scenes. I can honestly say I have never read a book quite like it. It's a little longer than what I normally read, but it's definitely worth it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment