Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Tuesday, 4 April 2017

Review: Where Good Girls Go To Die

Where Good Girls Go To Die Where Good Girls Go To Die by Holly Renee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first of Holly Renee's books I've read, and I can honestly say it won't be the last. Right from the very first chapter I was hooked. I had to know more.
What I love about this book, is the way the author gives you tiny snippets of the past mixed with the present, so you are compelled to continue reading to find out what actually happened to make them behave that way.

When we first meet Livy, she is at her lowest. She's bumbled her way through life for the last four years, trying to forget the hurt she'd experienced as a teenager.
Parker is shocked when he discovers her by accident. Her body has filled out a little, but he would recognise her anywhere. He, along with her brother, Mason, take her away to make a fresh start back in their hometown.
The chemistry between these two is evident, but something went down all those years ago, and slowly but surely, it all gets uncovered and brought to the surface.

I loved Parker; a tatted up, broody tattoo artist who is sought after. He was the alpha male, the bad boy that every girl wants. His friend, Brandon, was hilarious. The witty interaction between him and Livy was fantastic. And then there was Staci, self-proclaimed bestie of Livy. She speaks her mind, and offers advice to Livy when she needs it.

A nice, quick read with plenty of hot and steamy sex scenes, as well as a bit of angst. I look forward to seeing what else this author has in store.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment