Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Review: Devastate

Devastate Devastate by Marley Valentine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First of all, that prologue! Oh my God! Talk about devastate! Right from the start, Marley draws you in with that gripping prologue, letting you see the raw emotion behind the characters. I was blown away by the intensity of emotions felt just from reading those first few paragraphs.

I cannot even begin to imagine how it would feel to be Evie, going through some of the worst heartache, and having to do it on your own, or rather, feeling as though you have to do it on your own. Evie is a strong character who has had her heart ripped out twice and with the help of her friends, she slowly claws her way out and back to the land of the living.

What I love about this, is that Lior doesn't put any pressure on her. He accepts that she has been hurt, and that she needs time to come to terms with everything, allowing their friendship to blossom over time into something more. I love how persistent he is, but in a non-obtrusive way.

I also enjoyed the light-hearted banter that Court provided, giving us a bit of humour to lighten the way. I hope to see a follow up book with her in it ;)

My only issue, is that I wasn't ready for it to end! I wanted to draw out the ending a little bit longer, to just experience a bit more of that.

Devastate is a very well written story, and I can't wait to see what else Marley has in the works!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment