Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Friday, 19 May 2017

Review: Perfect Strangers

Perfect Strangers Perfect Strangers by L.P. Rose
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to admit, it took me a few chapters to get into this book. I didn't quite gel with the characters straight away, but once I read on, I quickly fell in love with Kai. He could be abrupt and made some mistakes, but overall, he's a really decent guy. I mean, he did pretend to be Myla's fiance after all!

I thought the premise for the story was great, and what I really liked was that it wasn't a run-of-the-mill romantic comedy. There were twists and turns that I didn't see coming. I love to be surprised in a book!

Kai was definitely my favourite character, but Myla did grow on me. I liked seeing her let loose every now and again, slowly letting things go. I also love that we got to see them both at their most vulnerable, getting glimpses into their thoughts.

My only issue is that it could have benefited from a proofread. There were a few things that popped up consistently throughout which did distract a little from the read. Aside from that though, it was a great debut novel. I look forward to seeing what else L.P. Rose has lined up.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment