Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Sunday, 4 June 2017

Review: Happenstance 2

Happenstance 2 Happenstance 2 by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Okay, I liked the first one, but I loved this one just that little bit more.
Erin has had such a hard life and it's nice to see her finally being shown some love and affection that she deserves. Being brought up by a mother who didn't care whether she came home or not, and being left to fend for herself, Erin has become rather self-reliant and struggles with this new emotional bond she is slowly forging with Sam and Julianne.

Everything seems to be going well for her until she stumbles across something that could potentially give her the answers she has craved for so long. Why did Alder and Sonny hate her so much? What she discovers is not at all what she expected.

I really liked getting to see Erin grow into her new family, and beginning to accept that she has people she can rely on now. It broke my heart to read the horrible taunts in the first book, and to see her actually having parents who care enough to back her up when things go awry is just lovely.

I'm looking forward to jumping into the third one in this series today!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment