Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Tuesday, 6 June 2017

Review: Happenstance 3

Happenstance 3 Happenstance 3 by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

And then it was over.

I've really enjoyed this little roller coaster ride of Erin and Weston. I loved the close bond that was formed between Erin and her new parents, Julianne and Sam. It gives me the warm fuzzies that they could embrace the changes in their lives and find a peace together.

Brady is still a piece of shit, but we get to see a bit of why he is the way he is, and it just made me feel sorry for him. And even through everything, Erin still doesn't stoop to his level. She stops Weston from retaliating when he takes things too far. She really is a kindhearted soul.

I was surprised by Weston nearing the end. I hadn't seen that coming, but I guess when you're a teenager those feelings are so much more confusing and be-all-end-all. I'm glad that things worked out the way they did though.

I always love a strong female and Erin certainly is one of those, and Weston isn't your typical hero either. Overall a good little YA trilogy :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment