Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Saturday, 3 June 2017

Review: Happenstance

Happenstance Happenstance by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Already a huge fan of Jamie McGuire's writing, so it was a given that I would be drawn to these books.

This novella deals with some heavy subjects, bullying being right at the top of that list. Erin has been bullied for years with no knowledge of why she suddenly became the butt of everyone's jokes. Two of the main instigators also happen to be named Erin, and they were all born on the same day, in the same hospital. They were friends once upon a time, then all of a sudden things changed. Erin Easter didn't have the same upbringing as Alder (Erin Alderman) and Sonny (Erin Masterson). They were both from wealthy, well-to-do families, while her mother was a drug addled drunk who couldn't care less about her.

Weston is the popular jock. The one everyone wants to be around. He is with Alder, but something about Easter draws him to her. He finds himself standing against his friends to stick up for her.

A tragedy hits the town and throws everything up in disarray. This book only just begins to scratch the surface and I can't wait to jump into the next one! I love that I didn't see any of it coming. I find that I'm not often surprised in books, but this one went somewhere I didn't expect.

I don't know about you, but I'll be spending my day diving into the part two!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment