Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Monday, 10 July 2017

An interview with Katie H Weill


Hey hey!  It's that time again!  Author interview time :) Please welcome 
Katie H Weill to the floor!


What first inspired you to start writing? In middle school I read a book by Vivian Vande Velde called “Dragon’s Bait” and absolutely fell in love with it. It helped me through some trying times as a child and I still read it to this day. When I started writing stories myself, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to become an author so that one day perhaps one of my stories will help someone else in the future, even if just placing them into another world for only a moment.


Where do you get your story ideas from? Thin air, mostly. I started doing writing exercises for fifteen minutes every day and some of those have lead to grand ideas for a book, and even a series. Malefica unfolded into what it is today due to finding out some family history; that I am a descendant of a woman who was tried and executed for being a “witch” in Salem, Massachusetts.


Are any of your characters based on you or people you know?  Not at all. I’m sure one day I’ll write a book that has familiar characters in my life but this one is purely fictional.


Which has been your favourite book/character to write? Since Malefica is my first published book, I’d have to say that writing the male lead was my favorite. His personality was entertaining to picture as he was created.


If you could tell your readers anything, what would it be? Whatever your dream is, don’t give up on it. I’m thirty years old and just accomplished what I’ve been dreaming about for many years. Also...I love headcanon’s, fanfiction, and art...if you ever feel the urge to create based off of my creation? I’d love to see it!


Are there any authors who have inspired you, or helped you along the way? Harper L. Jameson for sure, in the sense that she was right here with me, helping me along and really is the one that made this all possible for me. Ones I’ve never spoken to? Vande Velde absolutely, she made me want to write...and as silly as it may be...Nora Roberts because her character development made me want to create a story you can fall into.


If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? I used to say I’d want to go to Japan, since that was the foreign language I took in school, but now I’ve decided I want to go to Norway. The Fjords are beautiful and I saw this Netflix series where you were “riding” on a train cross country and I fell in love with it. I live such an exciting life, don’t I?


If you weren’t an author, what other profession would you choose? If I could be anything in the world? A mad scientist. I don’t have a math brain however, so we’ll go with a Librarian.


What is your favourite snack to eat, and drink of choice? My favorite snack to eat would probably be anything cheese related. While writing Malefica I was all about eating Goldfish and drinking far too much Coke in between cups of iced coffee. Both of those would be my drinks of choice.



Lastly, tell me where readers can find you - website, Facebook, Twitter etc - and provide links.



Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions!
 I hope your new release goes well!



No comments:

Post a Comment