Stacey's bookshelf: read

The Fault in Our Stars
Gone Girl
Beautiful Disaster
Hopeless
Angels & Demons
Blindsighted
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
Triptych
Twilight
The Hunger Games
Divergent
The Maze Runner
Fifty Shades of Grey
Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
The Host
Angels' Blood
My Sister's Keeper
Good in Bed


Stacey Broadbent's favorite books »

Sunday, 2 July 2017

Author Interview with HC Bentley!


It's time for another author interview!  Please welcome H.C. Bentley to the floor!


What first inspired you to start writing?
I’ve always loved being able to tell stories, to entertain people with words. In middle school, a teacher discovered I had a knack for it, encouraged me to write  more, enter contests. I've been hooked ever since.


Where do you get your story ideas from?
Life. lol. I take things I’ve seen or heard or done, and build on them, change them around to make a story.


Are any of your characters based on you or people you know?  
Bits and pieces. I try not to base an entire character off of any one particular person.


Which has been your favourite book/character to write?
I have to say Kari. She a spitfire, with strength and sass. But at the same time, she's a loyal friend and a protective, loving mother.  


If you could tell your readers anything, what would it be?
That it’s never too late to chase your dreams! I put writing on hold for years to fulfill my military obligations, then to raise my family. My kids are now where they don’t need me every second of the day, and I felt it was a good time to get back to doing something I love.


Are there any authors who have inspired you, or helped you along the way?
Anyone who knows me personally or has read past interviews knows I adore Nora Roberts. Her work is part of the reason I got into writing romance. And the friends I’ve made in the indie writer’s community are AMAZING (and too many to list, but they know who they are!). They’ve helped me come a long way in a short time.


If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
There are entirely too many places to list! I love to travel, and my bucket list is a couple miles long. Italy and Ireland are at the top of the list though.


If you weren’t an author, what other profession would you choose?
I don’t write full time, so in my “day job” I’m a cataloging librarian for my county library. Before this, I’ve dabbled in a bit of everything. The military, the medical field, retail, finance. I’ll just say where I’m at now suits me quite well!


What is your favourite snack to eat, and drink of choice?
When it comes to food, let’s just say I’m not overly picky. ;) I tend to snack on cereal from the box (frosted flakes being the preferred choice) and sweet tea is a must!


Lastly, tell me where readers can find you - website, Facebook, Twitter etc - and provide links.
I’m all over the place (and some days that phrase takes on a whole other meaning! lol). All kidding aside, I love hearing from readers and chatting with them, and encourage them to stalk me on a regular basis!
 hc_bentley.jpg

 hll_fb 2.jpg              20.png             wlch fb teaser 4.jpg


Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions! I love getting to learn a little bit more about the authors I interact with!


If you or someone you know is an author/blogger and would like to be interviewed, please feel free to message me!


No comments:

Post a Comment